Amway Corporate Information
Amway Fact Sheet
Based in Ada, Mich., Amway is a worldwide leader in direct selling, with more than three million Independent Business Owners (IBOs) in over 100 countries and territories around the world. Amway was founded in 1959.
Amway North America serves Independent Business Owners in the U.S., Canada, Puerto Rico, and various trust territories and independent island nations in the Pacific and Atlantic Oceans and Caribbean Sea.
Like all Amway affiliates, Amway North America offers the opportunity for people to have a business of their own based on retailing products and sharing the opportunity with others who will do the same. Amway North America supports IBOs with a proven compensation plan, portfolios of quality products in health, beauty, and other consumer categories, plus merchandising materials, training, and education to help them be successful. IBOs also are supported by communities of those who have already built successful AMWAY™ businesses.
Amway North America has more than 600 employees.
In addition, Amway North America Independent Business Owners are part of a sales force of more than 3 million globally.
Amway Corp. was founded by the DeVos and Van Andel families, who are among North America’s leading entrepreneurs with numerous business ventures in direct selling, sports entertainment, real estate, lodging and hospitality, and other business sectors.
PRODUCTS AND SERVICES
Best known for Health and Beauty, Amway North America features exclusive brands like:
- Nutrilite®, the world’s leading brand of vitamin and dietary supplements based on 2012 sales.
- Artistry® skincare and cosmetics, among the world’s top five, largest-selling, premium skincare brands (Source Euromonitor International Limited; Beauty and Personal Care database, premium cosmetics sector, global 2009 RSP, global brand name classification).
- Ribbon Gift & Incentive Program, a collection of more than 20 gift albums organized by themes targeting a variety of age and interest groups.
- XS® Energy Drinks, with all of the “energy,” and none of the sugar.
- Legacy of Clean™ home care, planet positive products, most of which are recognized by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency’s Design for the Environment program. Amway has more than 50 years of experience in manufacturing environmentally responsible home cleaning and laundry care products. In 1959 Amway became one of the first companies to produce a high-performing, earth-sensitive cleaner, Liquid Organic Cleaner (L.O.C.®), which is still part of Amway’s product offering.
Amway's Independent Business Owners can provide additional information on how Amway's business opportunity, products and services can be obtained.
GOVERNANCE AND MANAGEMENT
Amway North America’s management team includes Tanios Viviani, Regional President of the Americas; Jim Ayres, Amway Managing Director; Rajneesh Chopra, Vice President of Sales; Jori Hartwig, Vice President of Marketing; David Bartlett, Director of Finance/CFO; and Greg Lang, Director of IT/CIO.
Amway North America’s world headquarters are located at 7575 Fulton St. East, Ada, Michigan 49355.
The Amway One by One Campaign for Children® program builds local partnerships that result in global impact. Through One by One, Amway, its employees and Independent Business Owners partner with hundreds of nonprofit organizations in every market and every community where we operate meeting the unique needs of children in a powerful way.
The campaign has also donated more than $166 million to children’s causes worldwide. Organizations that One By One supports in the U.S. include:
- The Boys & Girls Clubs of America. The Amway Positive Sprouts program is building community gardens at Clubs across the United States. The project mobilizes volunteers and incorporates the gardening expertise of the Green Education Foundation (GEF) to teach kids how to start and maintain their own edible gardens.
- Easter Seals. Amway North America has supported Easter Seals since 1983, raising more than $30 million to help adults and children with disabilities live with greater independence. Amway North America is the presenting sponsor of Walk With Me, Easter Seals signature fundraiser held in approximately 70 cities across the nation.
- United Way, an annual workplace giving campaign. Amway employees volunteer for a community service Day of Caring and contribute financially through donations to United Way, which are matched by the corporation. The United Way supports community organizations across the country that help individuals and families achieve their human potential through education, income stability and healthy lives.
- Junior Achievement. At least 40 classrooms each year have Amway employees serving as volunteer "teachers," sharing the fundamentals of free enterprise, business and economics.
- The US Dream Academy. Amway is a longtime supporter of the US Dream Academy, which empowers at-risk youth by providing academic, social, and values enrichment through supportive mentoring programs.
Visit http://www.amwayonebyone.com for information.
Amway and Amway North America executives are prominent members of various philanthropic, industry and community organizations.
Doug DeVos is a member of the Board of Trustees of the National Constitution Center, which is dedicated to increasing public understanding of the Constitution.